Kaizer Chiefs veteran midfielder, Siphiwe Tshabalala, has won his second Absa Premiership Goal of the Month accolade of the 2016/17 season for his classy finish against SuperSport United.The dreadlocked midfielder produced a brilliantly-taken chipped goal during Chiefs’ Absa Premiership match with SuperSport United at the Mbombela stadium back in April. The goal which was described as pure class by commentators and many football analysts, was unfortunately not enough to hand Chiefs the win as the match ended in a 2-2 draw.
Back in March, the Soweto-born midfielder was on the podium at the Premier Soccer League offices to accept his first award of the current campaign for his spectacular effort in a 3-1 win over Free State Stars in February, in the exciting new monthly recognition awards for the best goal of the month.
The winning monthly goal was chosen as the best from the online votes by football supporters and the general public, who picked their favourite goal through the Premier Soccer League website. Orlando Pirates striker Thamsanqa Gabuza’s stunning volley against Chippa United, came second in the voting among the 10 shortlisted goals for the month.
Proud sponsors of the Absa Premiership, Absa, have rewarded football supporters that voted for the winning goal in April with the jersey of their favourite PSL club. The winning fan was chosen in a random draw after voting for their favourite goal.
Each of the goals selected during the monthly voting will go towards the list of goals that will be voted for the Absa-lutely Goal of the Season at the end of the season.
Voting for the Absa Premiership Goal of the Month for May, the last month of Absa Premiership action for the 2016/17 season, will open on Thursday, June 1 for supporters and the public to vote. The voting will then close at midnight on Friday, 30 June 2017, and there were plenty of superb goals to choose from.
Football supporters and the general public can go to www.PSL.co.za and vote now. All the monthly goals are available on the PSL website for the public to vote for.
Winning Absa Premiership Goals of the Month:
August/September: Marc van Heerden (Chippa United) v Baroka FC
• October: George Lebese (Kaizer Chiefs) v Ajax Cape Town
• November: Oscarine Masuluke (Baroka FC) v Orlando Pirates
• December: Percy Tau (Mamelodi Sundowns) v Free State Stars
• February: Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v Free State Stars
• March: Mxolisi Kunene (Baroka FC) v Kaizer Chiefs
• April: Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v SuperSport United
How football supporters and the public vote:
1. Go to www.PSL.co.za and find the Goal of the Month voting section (top right side)
2. Click there – and fill the form below (it will require your name and surname)
3. Then you can cast your vote for each month
4. You are automatically entered into a competition – monthly competition.
5. We also have two grand prizes for the end of the season – but you need to start voting now to be in the mix
Sourced from the PSL website.