CITY OFFICIALLY TEES OFF THE 2020 SA OPEN

CITY OFFICIALLY TEES OFF THE 2020 SA OPEN

Today, the Executive Mayor of the City of Joburg, Cllr Geoffrey Makhubo officially opened the 2020 South African (SA) Open

Championship tournament taking place at Randpark Golf Club’s two championship golf courses, Firethorn and Bushwillow. The

Tournament features a field of 240 professional golfers.

Early morning, Mayor Makhubo took a tee-shot which was followed by the loud applause from the spectators marking the beginning of the tournament.

The mayor said the City of Joburg is proud to host the international event such as SA Open.

“This is an opportunity for the City to show the world what Joburg can offer. Golf is an international sport, we expect this tournament to go a

long way into cementing the City as a destination of choice for both business and leisure tourism,” Cllr Makhubo added.

Mayor Makhubo further wished all the players participating in the tournament best of luck throughout the tournament.

“I am not a professional player myself, however I wish all the players best of luck and may the best player win.” he said.

Some of the players this year are Martin Vorster, Terence Mogapi, Jonathan Caldwell, Johannes Veerman and Louis Oosthuizen, the

winner of last year tournament who is on a quest to walk away with the trophy again this year.

SA Open is one of the oldest national open golf championships in the world and is one of the principal tournaments on the Sunshine Tour.

General tickets for Thursday and Friday cost R100 per entry, for Saturday and Sunday is R150 per entry. Children under 16 and

pensioners over 65 enter for free. Public parking has been secured at Hoerskool Randburg, a free park and ride from the school to the Randpark Golf Club will be available from the school.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.