PSL PLACE, PARKTOWN
REFERENCE NUMBER: SD012018
The National Soccer League seeks applications from persons with appropriate skills and experience to fill the position of League Prosecutor. This is a senior position and the successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for all aspects of the disciplinary process in professional football including proactively contributing to improvements in expedition and effectiveness in professional football.
The successful applicant’s responsibilities will include the following:
• assisting in the training of match officials as regards reporting on matters that may lead to misconduct proceedings,
• improving the understanding of member clubs, players, and other participants in the game regarding misconduct rules and disciplinary processes,
• conducting misconduct prosecutions where these are necessary,
• Ensure adequate professional support to all business units and • Ensure compliance of the League with all relevant legislation.
The following minimum requirements must be met in order to be considered for this position:
• Must be a qualified attorney or advocate,
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience post qualification,
• Appeared before courts and other tribunals;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills. • Good negotiation and strategic skills. • Must be computer literate in MS Office Suite packages.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent presentation and report writing skills concerning disciplinary matters and also develop a digest of case summaries that will be made available to participants in the game.
• Financial and problem solving skills.
• Must have strong and decision-making skills.
• In addition to an excellent understanding of relevant South African law and sporting rules applicants will be expected to develop expertise in the areas of safety and security and anti-doping. • Must have sufficient competence, experience, and integrity to be:-
a) able to manage the process of considering information that is provided to the League by match officials and third parties without fear or favour;
b) in a position to prosecute cases of alleged misconduct before the League Disciplinary Committee and also deal with appeals that may arise;
c) in a position to deal with the media regarding misconduct proceedings and matters.
THE PREMIER SOCCER LEAGUE EMBRACES THE PRINCIPLES OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT
CLOSING DATE: 5 February 2018
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST FORWARD A DETAILED CV; CERTIFIED COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS AND ID DOCUMENT BY E-MAIL TO email@example.com KINDLY ALSO INCLUDE A ONE PAGE MOTIVATION OF HOW YOU MEET EACH OF THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE AND QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER FOR THE POSITION.
• LATE APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATIONS WITH NO REFERENCE NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• E-MAIL USERS ARE REQUESTED TO SET THE DELIVERY OPTION ON BOTH “RETURN RECEIPT” AND “CONFIRM DELIVERY”.
• CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES.
• ALL SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECTED TO REFERENCE AND CREDIT CHECKS.
• IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 1 MONTH OF CLOSING DATE OF THE ADVERTISEMENT; PLEASE ACCEPT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.