A pictorial glimpse of what Ipelegeng Community Centre looks like
Ever conferenced or lodged in the hustle and bustle of the township? If not hurry up and experience the luxury of conferencing and accommodation at Ipelegeng Community Centre for reasonable rates in a 24/7 safe,sound and secured complex.
We are situated in the heartbeat of Soweto, White City 1283 Cnr. Khumalo & Phera Roads.
We are real about community development and we care about our clients. Our trained staff is always on hand to welcome you and meet your needs.
Peggy Mosupi is the face of Ipelegeng who always greet every person with a cavity free smile..
Your safety and security is guaranteed 24/7
Cyril Sibiya, Ipelegeng Community Centre no nonsense security. Under his watchful eye you sleep like a baby drunk with fatique.
We offer palatable services and meet corporate’s needs and a truly luxury memorable tourists destination.
- Hire halls out for various community activities.
- Hire out accomodations for groups of people who come to Soweto for specific purposes.
- Avail kitchen facilities for preparation of meals.
- Lend support to St Pauls’s Anglican Church to nurture spiritual needs of its community.
- Support any community based organization which shares its vision.
- Create own (Ipelegeng) outreach programs.
Meet our handful sociable staff.
Joseph Tabane, Mathews Mabiletsa and Mthuthuzeli Mpendu.
Zandile Ngubane,Joseph Tabane and Athalia Mokolo.
LAVISH BEDROOMS AND FAMILY ROOMS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS.
COSY LIVING ROOM FITTED WITH STATE OF THE ART TELEVISION SET.
Learning in progress!!.
Even the Gogos are fully catered for at Ipelegeng Community Centre. These grannies are being briefed before embarking on their routine aerobics and the popular dance move Vosho jive.
Let out office spaces to different community organizations.
Puseletso Morakile-Administrator for Arts and crafts centre for professional artists. This centre is also a hype of activity at Ipelegeng Community Centre. It specialises with varses,cups, potraits and drawinng.
Lullaway office for job seekers, run by Nomalanga Nhlonipho and Neo Komati.
Phindile Nene of Moledi Burial Parlour and Pearl Letlhake of Yonwaba Productions are also tenants at the Ipelegeng Community Centre.
Our brief history
Ipelegeng Community Centre was established in 1984 through the generosity of patriots all around South Africa and some overseas countries particularly the Anglican Community.
Did you know?
- Boipelogo and Ipelegeng are both Sestwana words. These words are virtually interchangeable words, the one being a noun and the other a verb meaning self help or self reliance in one or another form.
- Traditionally these two words referred to the undertaking by the Mephato or age groups of a wide range of community projects.
Its training time!
Tertiary students spend their quality time and happy hours after studying
Even the young ones come in droves and visit Ipelegeng Community Centre. Lekang Primary school during their graduation party.
Hurry up and book your place now!
Tel:+27 11 982 5810
Tel;+27 11 982 5812
Fax:+27 11 982 5811
Contact Person; Peggy Mosupi
076 653 0115
Physical Address:Corner Khumalo and Phera Streets, Jabavu, Pimville, Gauteng, 1809
Postal Address:PO Box 197, Kwaxuma, Gauteng, 1868.