Rand Show 2019 still on and lit
Hurry up its the last day!
Despite the unfriendly downpours in the past few days , dozens of families still managed to visit the best entertainment and day out in the country, Rand Show 2019, thanks to the avalanche indoor zones .
This oldest show event in the world that turned 125 years has proven to be an exciting day out ever that has something for everyone across the show grounds.
This publication spoke to the Expo Centre CEO, Craig Newman in the last two days of the show who also expressed disappointment at this year’s unpredictable weather.
Craig Newman, Johannesburg Expo Centre CEO. pic sourced from montex.co.uk
But the soft spoken Boss was not perturbed by this. With tongue in cheek in his usual staccato style, (Referring to the Almighty God) he adequately explained that weather control was in the hands of one person worldwide.
“This is Africa. Rain is a big thank you.”
Pressed about the turnout, he explained that not much was lost during the rainy days because indoor halls activities was in place and fully a hype of activity.
Newman also urged the masses who have still not visited this Joburg day out to take advantage of the last two days and witness spectacular entertainment.
“Hurry up and get a great day out, family fun day. There is no better place like this one. There is everything for everyone and you will get value for your money and be spoiled for choice with lots of family entertainment.”
Meanwhile in a snap survey conducted by this reporter at the Rand Show grounds dozens of families gave the Rand Show a thumbs up.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Rand Show is 125 years old .
- The show was first organised by the Witwatersrand Agriculture Society and attracted 3000 visitors.
- Rand Show quickly became part of South African heritage attracting industries and dignitaries from around the globe and was a firm favourite with the public.
- Rand Show has a record of 848 332 visitors attending in 1989.
- Newman has been at the helm of the Rand Show for the past 24 years.
- You stand a chance to win a car if you buy your ticket online.